Watch our Transformation
The Cats on Commerce building (part of the old Clarksville Foundry) is rich in local history, dating back to 1895! The pictures seen here are the “before” pictures.
The upstairs was lovingly and meticulously restored by Bill Orgain of Orgain Building Supply.
After acquiring the building, many hours of sweat equity were invested by Dr. Caron Baugher and Donna Akin. “We were adamant that we wanted to maintain the historic integrity of the building which was sorely lacking in the downstairs floor of the building.” Our general contractor is Todd Averitt, owner of Averitt Construction.
Some of the beautiful items that we were able to save and restore include the original Longleaf pine hardwood floors and support beams, as well as much of the original interior brickwork.
With or without your kitty, please feel free to stop and and visit The Cats on Commerce to see this beautiful, old building which is not only an integral part of Clarksville’s history, but it is also on the National Register of Historic Places.